Wednesday, March 30, 2016
Coyote Run
Dear Diary,
I hate making my body go running, but I sure do love how I feel after I run. Shouldn't these feelings be on the same wavelength? My run, today, was a bit of an adventure. I, typically, walk an old Army track to warm up before I hit the trails. Today, there was a young coyote chasing gophers at the track. I was thrilled and pointed him out to some hikers that were heading out. I watched the coyote leave on the trail to the right, so I opted to cross the road and run the trail that went left. That should keep me away from his path. WRONG! After a couple minutes of running, I came across a young coyote in the path. I slowed to a walk and he turned towards me in curiosity and held his position. He looked like the little guy I had seen earlier. Why isn't he running away? Sigh. I guess the trails are his, today. I beat feet back to the pavement. As I looked back, he was loping casually behind me. My heart rate shot up but I forced myself to a walk so he didn't think I was worth chasing and after a couple minutes he disappeared. I was so relieved. I continued my workout doing out and backs from my car. Every girl needs an escape plan, right? After all, that little coyote was only about a quarter mile from the parking lot. Meanwhile, I got a new Personal Record on my run. I'll take it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment